Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wait...Should the World Revolve Around Me or You?

"We as a people, even among a common group, have problems. We have problems with teenagers, elders, obese, or thin people. Our biggest problem is “I”. I need to see that I am not the center of the world. If I accept that idea, then I can move on to understand that not all people live like me."
--Aurora Cedillo


I read this quote in an article for my multicultural education class....I thought it was interesting and tied in with a lot of the issues we dissus in the mass comm/soc class......just a thought that some people really might need to learn that the world does not revolve around them!

1 comment:

B. Weaver said...

Wow! You have multicultural ed with this cluster-- you're clearly vaccinated against narcissism.